NAIFA Code of Ethics
Do insurance professionals adhere to a code of ethics? NAIFA Central Iowa members sure do! These are the ethical guidelines our NAIFA members follow.
Helping my clients protect their assets and establish financial security, independence and economic freedom for themselves and those they care about is a noble endeavor and deserves my promise to support high standards of integrity, trust and professionalism throughout my career as an insurance and financial professional. With these principles as a foundation, I freely accept the following obligations:
- To help maintain my clients’ confidences and protect their right to privacy.
- To work diligently to satisfy the needs of my clients.
- To present, accurately and honestly, all facts essential to my clients’ financial decisions.
- To render timely and proper service to my clients and ultimately their beneficiaries.
- To continually enhance professionalism by developing my skills and increasing my knowledge through education.
- To obey the letter and spirit of all laws and regulations which govern my profession.
- To conduct all business dealings in a manner which would reflect favorably on NAIFA and my profession.
- To cooperate with others whose services best promote the interests of my clients.
- To protect the financial interests of my clients, their financial products and my profession, through political advocacy.