Date(s) - 06/14/2018
8:30 am - 11:30 am
Financial Decisions Group
NAIFA Central Iowa is partnering with Joe Lamberson, Founder of Via Consulting Group to offer a business planning study group for trusted advisors. The purpose of this study group is to provide you with tools and resources to help you build stronger relationships with your business owner clients and uncover new opportunities to engage with your client in the business planning arena.
This study group course will consist of a total of three half-day sessions. This study group will be highly interactive and will provide an opportunity to network with other leading advisors in your area.
The study group course will include:
- Mastering the dialogue with your business owner client to uncover new planning opportunities
Learning techniques to help your business owner client define their exit planning and ownership transition objectives
- Understanding how life insurance can be a powerful component of an ownership succession and key executive retention plan.
- Exploring various business valuation methodologies and how the business valuation discussion can be an important catalyst for planning
- Helping your business owner client understand the difference between key person indemnity and key person retention planning. Also learning various techniques on how to value a key employee from a business planning standpoint.
- Learning how to help your client identify and move past the “elephant(s) in the room” that may be causing a delay in moving forward with their planning objectives.
- Techniques to increase your influence as your clients most “trusted” advisor and help your client build the strongest possible exit and ownership transition team.
- Learn how to incorporate these techniques and strategies to create stronger client relationships and new revenue opportunities for your practice.
About the Facilitator
This course will be facilitated by Joe Lamberson, Founder of Via Consulting Group. Joe has been helping business owner clients across the US with their exit, ownership transition, and key person retention needs since 1991. He has taught hundreds of hours of estate and business planning continuing education for advisors across the state of Iowa. Joe has served on the NAIFA Central Iowa board since 2009 and served as NAIFA Central Iowa President in 2013-2014. He is also active in his local community, serving as a past cabinet member of the United Way of Central Iowa and as a past board member of The Boys and Girls Club of Central Iowa. Joe, his wife Mindy and daughters Haley and Sydney have lived in West Des Moines since 2005.
The fee for this three-session course is $500 per person. The registration fee includes all course materials and ongoing consultation throughout all three study group days.
Feel free to contact Joe Lamberson with any questions.
Joe Lamberson 515-661-1141
Course Dates: June 14, July 12, and August 9, Sessions begin at 8:30 -11:30 a.m.
Registration is for the entire series and includes all three days and a total of three study group session dates.
Course Location: Financial Decisions Group 1501 42nd Street, Suite 375 | West Des Moines, IA 50266
Bookings are closed for this event.